Thursday, October 12, 2017

Battle Report: Skirmish #3 Skaven vs Ironjawz , Fragile Cargo



A warband in possession of precious cargo is an irresistible target – not only is their attention focused on guarding their prize, thus rendering them vulnerable, but an ambusher may secure the haul for themselves in addition to slaying their quarry.

However, it is unlikely that the cargo’s guardian will give it up without a fight…
The third match was the Fragile Cargo. One warband must choose a model to carry the cargo and move it to the opposing table edge, the other warband is trying to block the courier or kill him and get the cargo.

I deployed in a straight line to cover most of the table edge
There was only a few scenery pieces set up for this scenario only one tree blocking a small part of my side. I placed a Brute next to it farther away in case the Skaven wants to charge in that direction it can hold on his own for a round maybe.
I had very few models again, because I'm saving points for a Gore Grunta.



TURN 1 - Skaven

Massacre
Turn 1 charge of the Skaven killed more than half of my warband with minimal causalities on their side.

TURN 1 - Ironjawz

Payback
On my turn a little payback with my two remaining models. There was not much I could do.

TURN 2 - Skaven

Total defeat
With a double turn maybe I could have changed the outcome, killing some clanrats causing others to flee. But sadly it didn't happen.

Battle analysis


Outnumbered again by the rats, my defeat was only a matter of time.
The Warlock Engineer shooting from afar is a huge threat and I just don't have the luck to unbind his spells. 
There were no need for complicated tactics in this current match, but I can see the possibilities in this scenario in case the warbands are more balanced in matter of model count.

Finally after this battle I have the points for a Gore Grunta. It's a big elite body, hopefully it will make a difference.



You can find the other games of this skirmish here:

No comments:

Post a Comment