Saturday, March 2, 2019

Orruk Warboss on Squig with Great Waaagh! Banner - Work in Progress 1

My next BIG project is making another Ironjawz Hero with a pet squig. This will be similar to my Warchanter, but now with proper base size to allow me to use him in matched play games.

I started with a ball of Super Sculpey, paper clips and Blue Tac, to find out the size of the squig. It cannot be too big, because it would not fit into the small oval base. Too small also would be bad, I don't want to make fun of my boss riding a tiny squig. 


Once I got the ball size and legs right, I cut apart a boss body allowing me to pose the rider legs a little.
It is held together by Blue Tac in the photos below, so I can modify the pose before fixing it with green stuff later.


Cutting the legs was quite a difficult job. I wanted to cut in a way to preserve details and make as little destruction as possible. Also it will make my job easier later when I need to fill in the gaps with green stuff.







No comments:

Post a Comment