Saturday, January 20, 2018

My first painting contest

So last weekend I attended to my first painting contest. Let me start with that I didn't win anything, but I still enjoyed the event very much. 
There were a couple dozen tables set up for games, all full with players. Also a huge bitz market, where I unfortunately couldn't find anything of my interest, but it is a good thing that there was a dedicated room for that where people could exchange bitz. 

I saw so many incredibly good painted minis. I was amazed, the painting scene here is extremely talented. My minis were about the 120th entry pieces, but there were many people arriving after me so the competition was huge.

I entered with three minis.
The biggest was my Maw Krusha.


 I was a little nervous when I'm noticed from the other side of the table behind the cordon that the trophy piece was missing from the top. Asked the organizers if maybe it fell of when they took a photo and we found it under the wings so it was all right eventually.


I didn't get in the finals, so I was packing up earlier when a nice couple showed up to check this dragon from closer, because they could not see it well enough from afar. They were asking about how I made the base, they also appreciated the color choice. It was a good feeling that there was even two who were interested in any of my minis, I didn't expected that all. Guys I had two fans! :)


The second entry was the High Warden


The judges were staring it for maybe a bit longer than some other pieces. At least I hope... I still think this is my best paint job so far.


I tried many new techniques on this piece, and I'm very proud of the base job. It is not only looks good, but also practical in holding the griffon securely in place.

The last piece was Harker, which I already posted.




No comments:

Post a Comment