Friday, December 29, 2017

Gunnerey Sergeant "Stonetooth" Harker

This year I painted another model for X-mas to give it to my brother. He likes Catahans and Harker is a famous one. (Marbo is on a secret assignment, he was not available this time.)

A serious motherfucker
This was the first time I was working with a metal miniature and I can't say that I'm lovin' it. Pinning the arms in the body was easy with some drilling and paper clips. But getting rid of the mould lines and preparing for even the priming took a while. 

I was afraid that the details will not be so crisp on a metal model, but this mini is just amazing. The muscles, the gun, clothing, everything is almost perfect.
I don't know if it is intended or not, but his right eye looked a bit dizzy, maybe the cast was not perfect. I painted it as a scar so he is even more badass now.
His heavy bolter: PAYBACK
Painting the name Payback on the Heavy Bolter was very hard for me. The photo just doesn't show well how tiny it is. When I saw the official photo I was saying, Okay I can surely do something similar. But when the actual piece arrived I could barely notice on the metal where the hell is the preachment on the side of the gun.
"Knife" on the back, just in case
I enjoyed painting this mini. It was very different from the Age of Sigmar line I'm currently focusing on and I think this is good enough to bring it to the painting contest in January with my other minis.


No comments:

Post a Comment