Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Battle Report - Open War #1 (1000 point)

Our first match using Open War cards was a long one. 
Other than some practice games which I do not count this was our first real battle. Now didn't forget anythig important rule or ability but it was a slow game beacause we checked the rules and unit stats a lot. It will go better and better every time and hopefully soon we will be able to finish even 2 battles in one afternoon finally.

From the Open War deck we draw 1-1 Ruse cards and 1 Twist card for this battle. The Twist was Blessed Healing, with this one unit can be healed for D3 in every hero phase.
The objective was Field of Glory: we had to kill more Wound worth of enemy models.

The deployment before the first round
(the Rat Ogres and the Packmaster were set up in Ambush)
TURN 1

I expecteed the Rat Ogres to ambush me from behind and was prepared for that, but using his Ruse card my brother also deployed a unit of clanrats behind enemy lines. This really messed up my plans.

this ambush was really unexpected
My whole left side was left without enemies to charge (lakes not only slows movemen to half but we cannot chare through). The Gruntas, Brutes and the Megaboss had no first tudn target and my Shaman was also in a vulnerable position.
The Skaven ambush team charged my unit of brutes next to the warchanter, not minding my shaman for now.
The Clanrats and the Ardboyz met each other at the fence and stayed there for the whole match beating each other. The ardboyz were stronger overall, but the inspiring presence of the nerby Skaven Warlord prvented the clanrats from fleeing and the fence also granted +1 save as defense so the clanrats were pretty resilient to hold up till Turn 5.

TURN 2 and after

The Gore Gruntas were chasing the Poison Wind Weapon Teams, but I could reach and kill one till Turn 4, so the pig riders were not so usefull this game.
I started to move the Megaboss and the Brutes towards the middle to be able to do anything, but with unlucky rolls they were like the hobbits in LotR marching for 5 chapters and still travelled only a mile. 
I only had luck in the middle where the ambushing Skaven units were slowly killing themselves on my Brutes and Warchanter.

looks like the skaven has so many units behind me, the Eshin Death runner is just charging me face to face

My brother was loosing units too fast, so I gave him a Sudden Death card from the deck. Otherwise he was surely out of chance. With that card he changed tactics and almost managed to win the game.
He had to kill my Megaboss with his Warlord.

the Skaven Warlord is going for the kill
In the 4th round my Megaboss had only 1 Wound because of the ranged barrage of the weapon teams and the lightings cast by the Warlock Engineer, he had to just put in the final blow next turn. This is when the Twist: Blessed Healing kicked in, healing my leader up to Wounds.
Since he lost almost his whole army already and was not able to cause 4 wounds, he gave up and I won this match.

unfortunatelly the Blessed Healing countered the Sudden Death objective

Army lists:
(Both armies are bit over 1000 points)


Ironjawz:
Allegiance: Ironjawz

Orruk Megaboss (140)
- General
- Trait: Ironclad
- Artefact: Battered Talisman
Orruk Warchanter (80)
Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (120)

3 x Orruk Gore Gruntas (140)
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
- 1x Boss Choppa
- 1x Gore Choppa
- 3x Two Brute Choppas
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
- 1x Boss Klaw and a Brute Smasha
- 1x Gore Choppa
- 3x Jagged Gore Hacka
10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)
- 10x Big Choppas

Battalions (0)

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 1020 / 1000
Allies: 0 / 200

Skaven:
Allegiance: Chaos

Warlord (100)
- General
- War Halberd and Barbed Blade
- Trait: Lord of War
- Artefact: Crown of Conquest
Warlock Engineer (100)
Packmaster (80)
- Shock Prod
Skaven Deathrunner (120)

2 x Rat Ogors (120)
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear
1 x Poisoned Wind Mortar Weapon Team (60)
1 x Poisoned Wind Mortar Weapon Team (60)
1 x Warpfire Thrower Weapon Team (70)

Battalions
Ripsnikk's Raiders (80)

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 1030 / 1000
Allies: 0 / 200



No comments:

Post a Comment