Saturday, April 14, 2018

Squig Sculpt - WIP 1

Now everything what I finished in the past two years is uploaded to the blog, this is the time when I can say I'm up to date!
Now I plan to post my progress weekly on what I'm working on currently.

I'm working hard on improving my painting skill and speed. So for some time I will work on single miniatures and not whole units of 10 or more.

The recently finished Blood Raven model came out quite nice and because I have quite a few Ironjawz now and I have some practice paiting green skin and orange armor, I decided to paint my second Warchanter who has a Squig pet carrying drums to beat the rhythm.

To have more fun with this project I'm making my own Squig from scratch using Super Sculpey baking clay. Here is the current progress:

side view of the first steps
First I made a clay ball as the base of the squig, and I started to work on the details adding only little bits of clay to the ball forming out the rough shape of the body.



As I'm adding more details I keep it close to symmetric on both side. So I prepare two equal size of little clay balls and add them to both side at the same time and work like this step by step.

Sooo cute!

The eyes are steel balls. It's better to do it this way, otherwise I wouldn't be able to make 6 perfect clay balls of the same size.

Let's bake it and come back next week, with more details on this cutie!







No comments:

Post a Comment