Thursday, November 9, 2017

High Warden - First miniature for a contest

Forget what I said in the post two weeks ago about the elf army being not prioritized for painting.
I just found out that there is a miniature painting contest in the city this December and the High Warden from the Spire of Dawn box will be my entry piece.

Light grey priming is done already on all pieces and I begin to work on the face and helmet.

I had a very hard time painting the eyes to look somewhat acceptable
This is my first real try at NMM (non metallic metal) painting. Some skaven weapons was painted that way as early experiments but nothing extraordinary. Now I want to paint all the armor in NMM, and will see if I can make some miracle with the cape and banner. I'm planning some extra shadow work on the beast as well.

I already have some scenery ruin pieces with a little elven theme on them, and the base of this model will follow that theme.

I will not use the little transparent plastic rod for holding the model on the base, because I don't trust it will hold it securely and I will need to transport this securely.
Instead I will try to hold the miniature in air with some organic plant, tentacle things. Which I used on my temple ruins scenery pieces as well.

Base preparations
More work in progress posts will follow in the coming weeks, I'm super excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment